For all events that are held on campus, guests must attest to being free of any COVID-19 related symptoms. For events that are held indoors, masking is recommended, but not required. For the most up-to-date campus event protocols, please visit: https://www.scrippscollege.edu/scripps-strong/event-protocol/.
EVENT REQUEST PROCESS
Faculty and Staff Event Requests
Non-Resource Reservation Request
Choose "Non-Resource Reservation Request" from the Reservations menu. These types of reservations will not require resource services from Media Services, Facilities, Grounds or Catering and can be made the day of. They are only applicable to classrooms and conference rooms and are confirmed immediately.
· All event requests must be done through VEMS. For non-academic and co-curricular activities, the College recommends virtual events through February 7, 2022, after which in-person events will be approved pending College health guidance. Event planners are required to submit requests a minimum of 15 business days in advance of a proposed event.
· Public Events will review and respond to all requests within 48 hours.
· At this time, tents used for academic courses are not available for event reservations
· Food and beverage service are highly discouraged for spring 2022. Any service that is approved will be limited to outdoor events only.
· Ticketing is recommended for all events with 100 or more participants and will be determined in consultation with Public Events.
· Submitting an event request does not guarantee that the event or space will be approved. Events should not be promoted internally or externally until Public Events has approved the event and location.
Student Event Requests
· All event requests must be submitted to the Office of Student Engagement (OSE) first. Once approved, students must then submit a reservation request using VEMS. Only submissions for outdoor or virtual events are being considered. All events must be submitted at least 15 days in advance for approval to the OSE. Once your event is approved by OSE, you will receive a confirmation that must be added to the "Details" in your reservation request in the VEMS system.
If you encounter issues with VEMS or need help troubleshooting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Public Events
Search for bookings by name or location.